Sunday, May 30, 2010

My First Blog

A forced change in lifestyle has taken me back quite a few years, where I once enjoyed knitting and craft. Over the years I have knitted, cross-stitched, crocheted, card-making and made fully jointed teddy bears. Many a weekend I would start knitting a vest, jumper, or cardigan and literally not put it down until the garment was finished. My mother worked at the local wool mill so we enjoyed purchasing extremely discounted knitting yarn.



My sister-in-law recently commenced a "knit with me" challenge on her blog http://suburbanjubilee.blogspot.com/ so with a lot of spare time on my hands, recuperating, I hunted out the knitting needles and found some wool which my dear mumma had been storing for years. Well here I am, 36 squares complete, with still a lot more to go, enjoying this challenge so much that I take my knitting bag everywhere with me, just to fit in a few rows.




I have decided to make a blanket for my queen size bed, so I need lots of squares. Above is a photo of my completed squares. I am toying with different ideas on how I am going to join my squares, but for the time being, just enjoying the knitting process.

So a big thank you to Tanya for the challenge that has helped me so so much...

1 comment:

  1. Your stack is way bigger than mine. I love the colours and they are going to suit your room so beautifully. I think it is great that you are doing this for yourself. Well done with the header too by the way.

    ReplyDelete